Happy New Year 2020!
Litemint, the up and coming gaming platform on Stellar, has acquired the renowned decentralized exchange and service platform, Stellarport, this week.
We wanted to take this opportunity to share more details on what this means concretely to both platforms and our vision into the future.
Mobile gaming alone is a $68.5 billion market with billions of gamers across the world—this market is one of the key to mass adoption of crypto.
The acquisition of the decentralized exchange platform Stellarport by Litemint (read the official press release here) creates an endless stream of opportunities to connect gamers to the crypto world and dynamize the crypto space.
Built on Stellar, Litemint is an open-ended platform bridging the giant world of gaming to the burgeoning blockchain-based markets. Our core mission is to connect and empower gamers to explore new opportunities, experience a new sense of fun, freedom and ownership with tokenized game assets including collectibles and non-fungible tokens.
With over 100,000 users, Stellarport is a major actor on the Stellar ecosystem and an asset that immediately presents strong operating synergy with Litemint. The interaction between crypto users and gamers creates huge opportunities with tradable assets and brings unmatched dynamism to both platforms.
Here is a quick rundown of what you can expect from this acquisition:
- Stellarport will retain its distinct mission and brand. Stellarport operates a reputable and recognizable service in the Stellar ecosystem. The goal is to iterate through the synergy potential with Litemint while retaining the differentiation.
- Stellarport chat system will be made available to all games and apps on Litemint with the ability to isolate content through channels, to trade and hotlink collectibles and non-fungible tokens—bringing seamless opportunities to all users across platforms.
- A “Basic Mode” will be added to Stellarport exchange and wallet UI to ease on-boarding of casual crypto enthusiasts (e.g. gamer would-be trader).
- Strong reciprocity will be stimulated between both platform assets and listings. Stellarport will be extended with asset discovery features for collectibles and non-fungible tokens issued by content creators. Litemint will promote the use of Stellarport anchored assets (e.g. cross-currency in-app purchases).
- The strong, battle tested, Stellarport infrastructure will be leveraged to offer secure and interoperable services.
Provided the strong synergy potential highlighted above including user interaction, assets interchange, a common philosophy toward decentralized and non-custodial services and minimal redundancy, we strongly believe that with such acquisition we are witnessing the birth of a powerful aggregate, fully geared for mass adoption, in the Stellar ecosystem.
Exciting times ahead, we’ll keep you posted!
Thank you for reading.
Web App: https://litemint.app/
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.litemint.app
App Store: https://apps.apple.com/app/litemint/id1454801150
Prev. Developer and Technical Lead for BGC Partners and Crédit Lyonnais Bank (trading systems), British Government National Program for IT (smart card technology in healthcare).
Founder of Okijin (indie games) and co-founder of Israeli-based video game company Massive Games (pie.ai).
Winner of the Honorable Mention Prize at the 2014 Linux Foundation & Samsung Tizen App Challenge.